Skip to main content

Lemon Curd Crescents

I don't know about you but I am itching for the tastes and smells of Spring and Summer.  So far the weather has not given me either.    On Friday P & I went to the Linden Hills Co-op for basic necessities.  Walking through the fresh vegetables and finding ramps I was now looking for things to make to bring a little bit of Spring and Summer inside the house since Mother Nature was definitely not in any hurry to give this to us outside.    I bought some ramps (recipe to come later) and a Key Lime Pie for our desert that night.   Thinking the taste of the citrus would help cure us but it only left us wanting more.

This gloomy cold May (yes I did say May) morning, I needed that Summer fix.  Rooting through the fridge and cupboards I found two items, crescent rolls and lemon curd.   So here is my two ingredient easy peasey breakfast treat.



Lemon Curd Crescents

1 can crescent rolls (I used Immaculate Rolls since they are the DFI friendly)
1 jar Lemon Curd (feel free to make your own I just had this on hand)

Preheat the oven per instructions on the crescent roll (I preheated at 350)

Open the crescent rolls and roll each one out flat.  Put a teaspoon of lemon curd on each lightly spreading it over the surface.  Roll each crescent and put them on a parchment lined baking sheet. (This is important as the lemon curd will run a little out the sides.)   Bake per package instructions.  (Mine were done in 12 minutes)

Serve warm.

Comments

  1. It's too bad it's gloomy where you are... :( I hope it warms up soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a gloomy day yesterday, but today the sun is shining and warm ~ thank goodness!! We all need a hit of sun! Your treats look delish, I love wandering the aisles of the food
    co-op! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HFCS - Stop from relabeling to Corn Sugar

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/health/2011/03/high-fructose-corn-syrup-is-not-corn-sugar-corn-refiners-association-.html?EXTKEY=I91CONL&CMP=OTC-ConsumeristRSS Please read the link above.   I am asking people to contact their Senate and House Reps to stop this from happening.    This will cause a lot of issues with people who have DFI as we can have corn sugar but not HFCS.   This will mean we may never really know what is in our food.  Let's hope the FDA will reconsider this proposal.  Thanks is advance for your help to stop this.

Thai Inspired Lettuce Wrap

This has been a crazy week for me.   I have been in rehearsals and now performances of Carmina Burana with the MN Orchestra.  (FYI - there are still tickets for performances on Saturday and Sunday) Since I am singing, I do not want to have a heavy dinner.  It just makes the high notes flat!   So I am opting for a more substantial late lunch.   I love Thai food and have been craving it but since it can be heavy I felt inspired to create these lettuce wraps. Thai Inspired Lettuce Wraps Ingredients 1 tsp ginger (grated on a microplane) 2 cloves garlic (grated on a microplane) 2 tsps of red chili paste (I used Thai Kitchen Roasted Red Chili Paste) (feel free to add more) 1 lb ground turkey breast Canola Oil enough to cover the bottom of the pan For the wrap Romaine Lettuce Leaves Cilantro Radishes sliced Fresh Lime In a medium skill, add the oil, ginger, garlic and chili paste.   Stir until the oil gets slightly hot and the ...

A One Pot Wonder

There are days when I come home, I don't feel like pulling out all the pots and pans to make a Michelin worthy meal.  In fact it is almost every day that I feel like something fast and easy.   Although we do have Broder's Deli on spreed dial, I have been inclined to make one pot dishes reminiscent of my days as a poor student.   Unlike here in America, where as an undergrad I could sustain myself on Kraft mac n cheese or ramen noodles, in the UK students lived primarily on beans and toast or beans on baked potatoes or ... well tinned beans on anything.   Let's just say I needed a little variety.    So I learned to be resourceful and make a one pot dish that could be stretched over a few days or for a multitude of people.  This is sort of based on something my Nana use to make with rice, mushrooms, chicken stock and any spare vegetable she had around (normally peas). My One Pot Wonder 1lb ground turkey 1 small onion chopped 1 c...